CORVALLIS | PHILOMATH | ALBANY | & MORE
The Heart of the Home
It takes a special touch to design a functional and beautiful space, where friends and family want to hang out. At Henderer Design + Build, we believe the kitchen is the heart of the home and that every detail matters. Take a look.
A functional kitchen makes daily tasks more efficient and enjoyable.
- Improved Workflow: Optimize the kitchen layout to create a more efficient and user-friendly workspace. Consider the kitchen work triangle (the relationship between the sink, stove, and refrigerator) for seamless movement between key areas.
- Ample Storage: Maximize storage space with custom cabinets, pull-out shelves, and drawer organizers. Incorporate a pantry or walk-in storage area to keep groceries and kitchen supplies organized.
- Smart Storage Solutions: Consider built-in spice racks, blind corner organizers, utensil organizers, hidden appliance garages, and/or vertical storage to maximize kitchen efficiency.
- Tech Integration: Plan for electrical outlets, USB ports, and charging stations strategically for powering kitchen gadgets and devices.
A well-designed kitchen enhances the visual appeal of your home, creating a welcoming and attractive space.
- Personalization: With your inspiration, our designers choose colors, materials, and finishes that reflect your style. The result is a kitchen that feels uniquely yours.
- Safety: Proper kitchen design takes safety into consideration. It minimizes potential hazards by ensuring appropriate spacing, proper ventilation, and safe placement of appliances and fixtures.
- Value Addition: A thoughtfully designed kitchen can significantly increase the value of your home. It is one of the key areas that potential buyers consider when assessing a property’s worth.
- Structural Work: It may be necessary to alter the layout of your kitchen or support additions like an island or breakfast bar. Structural integrity is essential for overall safety, stability, and longevity.
- Electrical Work: Proper electrical installations prevent the risk of electrical fires and ensure safety. Adequate electrical capacity supports the demands of modern kitchen appliances and gadgets. Strategic placement of outlets allows for convenient access to electrical power for various kitchen tasks.
- Plumbing: Proper plumbing installation ensures a reliable water supply and drainage system in the kitchen. High-quality plumbing prevents leaks, water damage, and potential mold growth. Installing water-efficient fixtures reduces water consumption, promoting sustainability.
- Material Selection: The choice of materials for flooring walls, counters, and cabinets plays a significant role in defining the overall look and feel of your space.
- Custom Millwork and Cabinetry: Designing and fabricating customized elements such as built-in cabinets, shelving, and intricate woodwork to maximize storage and add unique character.
- High-Quality Appliances: Upgrade to energy-efficient, modern appliances to enhance cooking capabilities and reduce utility costs. Consider smart appliances for added convenience and connectivity.
- Adequate Lighting: Install under cabinet lighting over food prep areas for improved visibility and safety. Incorporate ambient and accent lighting to create a pleasant and inviting atmosphere.
- Quality Countertops: Choose durable and easy-to-maintain countertop materials that complement the kitchen design. Ensure enough counter space for food preparation and serving.
Incorporating sustainable and eco-friendly options brings nature into your kitchen and creates a healthier environment for your family.
- Environmental Impact: Sustainable kitchen remodeling minimizes the negative impact on the environment, reducing waste, energy consumption, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Energy Efficiency: Sustainable kitchen appliances and lighting solutions reduce energy consumption, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint. There are fridges, stoves, dishwashers, and microwaves that consume less energy and water.
- Waste Reduction: Sustainable remodeling emphasizes recycling and repurposing materials, diverting waste from landfills, and contributing to a circular economy.
- Water Conservation: Install low-flow faucets and aerators to reduce water consumption without compromising water pressure. Installing water-efficient faucets and appliances help reduce water usage, conserving this precious resource.
- Long-Term Cost Savings: Though initial investments may be slightly higher, sustainable choices often lead to long-term cost savings through reduced utility bills and maintenance expenses.
Kitchen Remodeling Services FAQs
- A cosmetic refresh is roughly $60K-80K- New countertops & backsplash, plumbing fixtures, some cabinet modifications, and maybe new flooring.
- A mid-range remodel is roughly $100 to 150k- may include cabinetry, fixtures, flooring, lighting, and some rearranging of the layout. This often includes extending new flooring into adjacent room(s) and perhaps removing a non-bearing interior wall.
- An upscale remodel can be $150k+ including a whole custom transformation. This may include cabinetry, flooring, fixtures, changing structural features/electric/plumbing, etc.
A: Nope! We know this can be a big inconvenience, however, it is temporary. We can help guide you to configure a temporary kitchen outdoors or in another area of your home.
- Decide how much to keep at your fingertips during the remodel.
- How much do you really need to remain unpacked? For example, reserve one table setting for each family member during a kitchen remodel and commit to cleaning them immediately after use, so they’re ready for the next meal.
- Keep the coffee maker unpacked if you can’t go without your daily perks but box up the blender if you only mix smoothies occasionally.
- If you have a grill- utilize the outdoor cooking options!
A new kitchen can increase a home’s value. The Remodeling Cost vs. Value Report for 2023 says homeowners in the Corvallis area can expect a return of 30% to 88.1% on their investment in a new kitchen if they sell their home. The exact amount you’ll recoup depends on a few factors:
- your house value
- value of houses in your neighborhood
- quality of the project
We look at our projects as a “return on enjoyment” first and foremost, then a return on investment as a perk of a job well done!