Working at Henderer
working with us
Life at Henderer
We encourage and support our team to never stop learning, be it in-house training, team field trips, or new creative endeavors. We get inspired by each other and become better together!
We’re always looking for talented people to join our design + build team. If a job is not listed, email us your resume. We’ll be in touch if a relevant position becomes available.
Interior Design & Drafting
Located in Corvallis, OR, Henderer Design + Build (HDB), specializes in home renovations, residential remodels, additions and new homes. Our business model is built on strong relationships. We are a team of amazing talent that brings together vision, creativity and craftmanship to every project.
The Interior Design and Draft person will work both independently and with our team to design and draft functional construction documents and beautiful living spaces for our clients. The Interior Designer and Drafter will be involved early in the project and will continue to be involved through construction, but the primary focus will be working with the client drafting, design, product selection, and material selection phases. The interior designer and drafter will have the support of the owner, estimators, project managers, and administrative staff.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Maintain customer satisfaction throughout the project
- Conceptualize and communicate design concepts
- Serve as product expert for the client and propose products, finishes and colors
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Understand client needs and desires
- Willingness to grow, create, and contribute
- Measure and create accurate drawings of existing spaces
- Create design proposals and architectural plan sets
- Provide specifications to trade contractors, including getting quotes
- Counsel customers regarding how their selections affect the budget
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings
- Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations
- Communicating with architects and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- 2 or more years of experience in the field of Interior Design/Drafting
- Proficient in Revit and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of residential building and construction
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please contact us to learn more. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, PTO (paid time off), SIMPLE IRA and other benefits.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Wage: DOE
- Closing Date: 2/1/2021
Please email a copy of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or example of recent work (portfolios should be a link to URL or one PDF attachment)
Meet our Team
Dave started his carpentry career in 1991 as a carpenter apprentice with a local building company. Since then, he has learned every aspect of being a tradesman, a manager, and a business owner; to this day he never stops learning. Dave is involved in many aspects of the local community including the Rotary Club of Greater Corvallis.
While working for HD+B, she found her passion for the industry and is currently attending Linn-Benton Community College and Oregon State University in pursuit of a degree in Interior Design as well as Marketing. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, watching movies, and traveling.
She has worked in commercial and residential design firms. Johnelle appreciates the craft that goes into interior design and is often inspired by furniture designers such as Stickley, Enzo Mari, Charles and Ray Eames. In her freetime Johnelle and her husband, Evan, enjoy hiking with their dogs in the mountains.
Lori enjoys creating and leading HR
practices that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance
culture. She began working part-time for HDB in 2018. In her free
time, Lori enjoys spending time with her family and exploring the
and worked his way up to Project Manager. David is highly skilled in many areas of construction including finish carpentry, framing, flooring, drywall, painting, mechanics, plumbing, electric, scheduling, and project oversight. He is also a certified Lead Renovator.
He is currently a Lead Carpenter for Henderer Design + Build. Kris has three certifications for Schluter Innovation Workshop, and is certified RRP for lead paint.
He also enjoys spending time outside and riding his bike.
on violins and other string instruments during his free time. Jeff is also a fan of the Chicago Cubs!