Home Remodeling Services FAQs
A: Design + Build emphasizes a more integrated and streamlined approach, while other methods may involve separate entities for design and construction, potentially leading to a more sequential and less collaborative process. Here are some key distinctions:
- Single Point of Responsibility:
Design + Build: One entity (the design-build team) is responsible for both the design and construction aspects of the project. This single point of responsibility can lead to better coordination and accountability.
- Collaboration and Communication:
Design + Build: Encourages collaboration between designers and builders from the project’s outset, fostering better communication and teamwork.
- Timeline and Efficiency:
Design + Build: Tends to result in faster project delivery due to concurrent design and construction activities and the potential for overlapping phases.
- Cost Control:
Design + Build: Can offer better cost control as the design and construction teams work together to find cost-effective solutions.
- Adaptability to Changes:
Design + Build: Allows for more flexibility and adaptability to changes during the project since the design and construction teams collaborate closely.
Design + Build doesn’t inherently come with a lower or higher price tag. While the upfront cost might seem higher, the improved coordination in cost estimates and fewer change orders often means that the contracted price in design-build is more likely to align with your final expenses.
One significant difference between HDB and many other firms is that our contract price remains fixed. We rarely* have change orders that aren’t initiated by the clients. Our ability to avoid change orders stems from our 30 years of experience, and the thoroughness of our design process.
*Although rare, we may find something unexpected within the walls or floors of your existing home, that we could not have prepared for. We are committed to open communication and will help every step of the way.
- INITIAL MEETING Initial meetings are usually done at your home or the location of the project, typically Dave and a designer will meet you there! We will get to know each other and discuss your wants, needs, design ideas, and preliminary budget.
- CLIENT AUTHORIZES DESIGN RETAINER AGREEMENT The client agrees to move forward with the preliminary design. Clients will fill out a project questionnaire to provide designers with a thorough understanding of preferences and vision.
- PRELIMINARY DESIGN Henderer Design + Build provides preliminary designs and a ‘ballpark’ cost estimate. The client decides to pursue the project.
- DESIGN DEVELOPMENT HDB and the client refine the design. The client visits showrooms and finalizes product selections. HDB refines cost estimate.
- CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS HDB prepares final construction documents. HDB finalizes the price quote based on final plans and product selections.
- PRE-CONSTRUCTION HDB finalizes the contract. Client signs construction contract. HDB prepares a construction schedule with the completion date.
- CONSTRUCTION BEGINS HDB removes existing structures/materials if necessary. If we are adding on to your current home, or building you a new home, the first phase will be the foundation. Framing, rough-ins, plumbing, electrical, drywall, interior/exterior finishes, and then final touches.
Henderer Design + Build offers the assurance of 30 years of experience — you can trust that your project is in capable hands. Our skilled team has completed numerous projects, delivering exceptional results. You can rely on us to make your vision a reality.
We understand that every client has a unique vision and requirements. Our team takes the time to listen and understand your specific needs and preferences, collaborating closely with you throughout the remodeling process. We offer a wide range of design options, from layout and cabinetry to appliances and finishes. Whatever your aesthetic and budget, we have the expertise and resources to bring your vision to life. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
We take pride in our commitment to customer satisfaction and transparency. With our comprehensive warranty and fixed pricing policy, you can trust that your investment is protected, and there are no surprises along the way. Our fixed pricing policy guarantees that the agreed-upon price of the project remains unchanged throughout (unless change is initiated by the client), giving you peace of mind for financial stability and quality work.
We are also dedicated to making a positive impact in the community! HDB supports many local non-profit organizations here in Corvallis, Philomath, and Albany. When you work with us, you get top-notch service while giving back, creating a brighter future for those in need in our communities.
Strong Relationships • Honesty and Integrity • Communication • Customer Service • Exceptional Design & Craftsmanship • Teamwork & Fun